Thank you for your interest in a placement with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. Please note that it currently takes 60 days to process all placement requests because of concerns about COVID-19. This extends to all students, intern/externships, rotations, job observations and shadows, high school job shadows, job training placements, and volunteer placements. For more information on applying, click here .
Pre-professional shadowing is limited to 24 hours total per year per candidate. All post-high school applicants requesting shadowing placement with YVFWC must meet the following requirements prior to the start of placement.
- Placement approval from site or program mentor.
- Complete required application and orientation documents. (You may send us electronic copies of the following documents when you apply.) The following additional documentation is required a minimum of 10 business days before placement start date:
- A statement of interest and specific learning goals for your shadowing experience along with copy of resume or CV.
- Proof of current Two Step Tuberculosis Skin Test (TWO separate results) or other acceptable documentation of TB Status. (Only if observing for more than 8 hours total.)
- Seasonal Influenza vaccination.
- All health tests are candidate responsibility and expense.
- All shadowing placements are subject to criminal background check.
- Upon placement approval, all showing candidates must agree to complete and return time sheets as provided.
- Placement with YVFWC is subject to above terms and staff availability.