Salud Medical Center is looking for a Medical Receptionist to join our team! Do you enjoy a customer service focused role? Are you looking to work in a team-based environment? Do you want to gain experience in a healthcare environment? If you answered Yes to these questions, then we have a great opportunity for you!
What we are looking for:
- Someone who thrives in a customer service role.
- A clear communicator.
- Someone who has knowledge of medical terminology or the willingness to learn.
- Someone who can multi-task and has good attention to detail.
- Is able to work in a fast paced environment.
What you'll do:
- Greet all visitors.
- Accurately enter pre-registration data for new patients and verifies information for electronic registration.
- Scans documents into system, i.e., current insurance information, confidentiality communication form, etc.
- Serves as a checkpoint for patients after their appointment.
- Answers and transfers phone calls.
What you'll need:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bilingual English/Spanish and must demonstrate the ability to communicate on a level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale.
- Experience as a Medical Receptionist.
- Billing, cashier, and data entry experience.
- Knowledge of medical billing insurance.
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.