Corporate Dental Coordinator
Are you looking for a new challenge to expand your career in dental office operations? Read on to find out more about this unique position - the Corporate Dental Coordinator - who is a key member of our corporate dental team.
This position is based in Yakima or Toppenish. Relocation assistance may be available.
What we’re looking for:
- A relationship-builder who communicates well with staff and leaders throughout the organization
- An initiator who has proven success with working independently
- A collaborator who partners well with staff at all levels to improve processes and increase skills
What you’ll do:
- Apply your dental operations knowledge and leadership experience to review, recommend and implement changes for our clinic operations that increase efficiency and maintain compliance with dental regulations
- Provide updates to the dental leadership team to address issues
- Travel 25-30%, including some overnight travel, to our dental clinics throughout WA and OR to attend meetings and observe, train and support clinic staff
- Support new hires in our clinics by assessing unique training needs, creating curriculum, and delivering training occasionally
- Hold a key role in developing, implementing and managing any internal dental assisting training program we create, including hiring and supervising students
What we offer:
- $0 premium for comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage; employer contribution to family coverage
- Generous paid time off + 8 paid holidays each year
- Employer-paid profit-sharing plan, short- and long-term disability, and much more
- 10 years of leadership in a dental setting, with experience in both front and back office (as a Lead Dental Assistant or Hygienist)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Healthcare Administration or related field is preferred, however, an Associate’s degree or High School Diploma/GED plus relevant experience can be substituted
- WA State Dental Assistant Registration within 30 days of hire
- CPR certification and AIDS education required within 90 days of hire
- Current WA State driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage
- You are confident in your dental knowledge and are skilled with presenting information so it is clear and easy to understand
- You are comfortable communicating with dental staff and leadership at all levels in the organization
- You have experience with continuous process improvement, performing workflow analysis and identifying areas for improvement
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and electronic dental records (EDR) - experience with Epic Wisdom is a plus
- You are available to work a schedule that is primarily Monday – Friday and may involve some weekends a few times a year
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.