Provides the initial patient/clinic contact. Performs varied functions of this position and at the same time is helpful and cordial to all patients and representatives from other clinic departments.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in a medical setting highly preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: None.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual in English/Spanish with demonstrated ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale; ability to effectively communicate both verbally and through writing; and the knowledge of medical terminology. Computer skills.
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.