Part Time Pharmacy Assistant
Performs duties under the supervision of the Pharmacist Manager or staff pharmacist related to the ordinary operations of the pharmacy, which does not include filling prescriptions.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: Experience working in a health care setting, clerical skills preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Pharmacy Assistant state registration within 60 days of employment. Pharmacy Assistants may not have any convictions of violation of any laws related to drugs or the practice of pharmacy (as outlined in state and federal regulations).
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual (English/Spanish) with a demonstrated ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Attention to detail.
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.