Provides a clean and safe environment for the public and staff on the grounds of the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic year-round. Maintains clean buildings, grounds, and specified equipment. Also, performs and documents safety inspections on building systems. Must be able to work outdoors in extreme heat and cold for long periods of time.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: Five years of experience in building maintenance or a related field.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current Washington State driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance liability coverage. First Aid within 3 months of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Must possess good people skills; logical reasoning abilities; well organized and accountable; prepared to handle multiple projects simultaneously; and the knowledge of assorted cleaning chemicals used in janitorial duties. Ability to work unsupervised. Ability to complete work orders in a timely and accurate manner. Ability to maintain a clean and safe work area during repairs. Ability to perform maintenance duties in a manner that creates minimal disruption to the facility during operating hours. Ability to use maintenance trade equipment and tools. Ability to read and understand construction documents such as As-Built drawings and O&M manuals. Ability to be flexible with work plans. Ability to set up and take down tables, chairs, and equipment as needed for various meetings. Ability to coordinate projects with vendors, operations and Corporate Facilities. Ability to do the following (as long as the performance of the duty does not violate Federal/State or Local building codes or regulations):
- Repairs – Painting, wall repairs; install approved equipment, minor carpentry, and general maintenance.
- Electrical – Change ballast, light bulbs, batteries, and troubleshoot.
- Plumbing – Change toilets, repair flushometers, replace/repair faucets, change out water heaters, test re-circulation pumps and possess a general knowledge of commercial plumbing systems.
- HVAC – Basic understanding of commercial HVAC systems such as changing filters, belts, fuses and thermostatically controlled multi-zoned systems.
- Safety – Ability to manage, perform/outsource and document safety inspections according to Corporate Standards.
- Security systems – Manage users and test security systems, key locks and programmable keypads as directed by the Clinic Administrator.
- On-Call - Must be available for after-hours security on-call.
- Landscaping – Maintain grounds and common areas, including lawns, flowerbeds, shrubbery, parking areas, and trash pickup.
- Janitorial – Perform daily janitorial duties that can’t wait for the night janitorial crew such as replenish restroom supplies, remove trash, clean up spills quickly, clean windows.
- Vehicles – Manage the maintenance of onsite vehicles according to manufacturer's specs and recommendations including monthly safety inspections and outsourced yearly safety inspections.
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.