Expanded Function Dental Assistant - Part Time
Do you want to earn extra part time income working in a friendly, family-oriented environment? Do you have a passion for using your bilingual communication and dental skills to improve the lives of others? Do you enjoy working with people of all ages? Then apply to join our dental team at Lancaster Family Health Center today!
What you'll do:
- Work part time, when needed, filling in for our regular dental assistants when they are out; clinic hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm; no weekends, evenings, or holidays
- Work in our clinics in Salem and Woodburn
- Assist dentists at chair side, greeting patients, and prepare them for treatment
- Keep the office running smoothly by making sure the dental department is stocked and clean, and equipment if properly sterilized and in good working order
- Provide back-up support occasionally in the front office - greeting and registering patients, answering phones, and filing
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- The opportunity to increase your income while you build working relationships with the team that can lead to a position with regular hours and a full benefit package
- A part time work schedule
- You completed an accredited expanded functions dental assistant program
- Dental Assisting National Board of Radiology Proficiency required by hire date
- Oregon EFDA (Expanded Functions Dental Assistant) certification required within 90 days of hire date
- CPR certification within 30 days of hire date
- High school diploma or GED
- Your 1-2 years' experience as a dental assistant is a plus
- Fluent in English and Spanish and able to communicate at level 10 on a Spanish conversation assessment
We serve more than 149,000 across 24 medical clinics, 12 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 59 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.